- Juris Doctor degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, 1993; member of the Editorial Board, Virginia Tax Review, 1992-93.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Engineering, Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture (Agricultural Mechanization), University of Missouri-Columbia, 1989; U.S. Air Force, ROTC.
- Graduate of Gerry Spence's Trial Lawyers College, Thunderhead Ranch, Dubois, Wyoming.
- Missouri (1993)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Accredited Attorney before the United States Department of Veteran Affairs
- The Missouri Bar Association
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Bar Association